“The mission of Litchfield High School is to provide effective educational experiences for all learners through relevant learning environments and learning opportunities."
Litchfield is a rural community of 6,815 residents in west central Illinois, situated on Interstate I-55 with roots on historic Route 66. Springfield, Illinois lies 45 miles to the north of Litchfield and St. Louis, MO is approximately 55 miles south of Litchfield.
Litchfield High School has a strong tradition of excellence, while continually planning for future success. As a district, the following list highlights a few of our recent accomplishments:
- Litchfield School District was recognized as a 2009 and 2010 SchoolSearch Bright Star District. Schoolsearch recognized 81 Illinois school districts of a possible 869 for scoring in the top 1/3 on ISAT and PSAE testing, while being in the bottom 1/4 in per pupil spending. We are a great value!
- Litchfield High School Scholastic Bowl Team was state champions in 2014.
- Junior and senior students at Litchfield High School can take dual-enrollment and dual credit classes to earn up to 23 college credits before graduation.
- Litchfield High School students have the opportunity to include a full range of vocational programs including the construction of a Building Trades home and CNA certification.
- Litchfield High School co-curricular activities include: baseball, girls' and boys' basketball, girls' and boys' soccer, cheerleading, girls' and boys' cross country, football, girls' and boys' golf, softball, girls' and boys' track, volleyball, wrestling, band, dance team, Eco Team, F.C.A. F.F.A., F.C.C.L.A., S.A.D.D., Pep Club National Honor Society, Rembrandt Society, Scholastic Bowl, Student Council, and Theater.
- The Litchfield School District continues to be recognized by the Illinois State Board of Education for outstanding fiscal management with our Financial Recognition designation.
Litchfield is home to Lincoln Land Community College, which partners with the high school to offer 4 dual-credit classes. Tri-County Beauty Academy is also located in Litchfield. With Litchfield's proximity to I-55, seven other community colleges and four-year universities are less than 60 miles away. In addition, a public library is available to families.
The Litchfield community also provides a variety of recreational activities. Lake Lou Yaeger provides camping, boating, hiking, mountain biking, a nature preserve, and various picnic and playground areas. Both public and private golf courses are available in the immediate area. The Litchfield area also serves as the shopping and lodging center between the Springfield, Illinois and St. Louis, Missouri areas.*information taken from 2011 District Profile
Come on and cheer for good old Litchfield tonight,
it will help to win this game.
Pep up the team, uphold the Purple & the White
as we battle on to fame --- GO, FIGHT, WIN!
Fight for the honor and the glory we hold, lead us on to victory.
So cheer for the Litchfield High School
FIGHT TEAM! FIGHT! FIGHT!
Cheer for our Varsity!